WEED NOTICE / LAWN LENGTH
VILLAGE OF FREMONT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to each and every person who owns, occupies or controls land in the Village of Fremont, County of Waupaca, State of Wisconsin per State Statute #66.0407 and Village Ordinance #397.3(h):
To cut or destroy all noxious weeds, thistle, giant foxtail, Field bindweed (Creeping Jenny) Wild Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Velvet Leaf, Yellow Rocket, Marijuana, Leafy Spurge, Wild Radish, Buckthorn Bush and other rank growth of vegetation, and all weeds, grass and plants over 12 inches in height from maturing to the bloom or flower stage, excluding trees and shrubs, which:
- Detract from the surrounding area and properties.
- Become a possible fire hazard, as determined by the Fire Chief.
- Becomes a health hazard due to their pollen or a potential cover for disease-carrying rodents and other small animals
- Are of infectious or poisonous nature in or adjacent to a populated
area, regardless of height
- Become a potential hazard to vehicular traffic in vision clearance triangles.
The entire cost of abating any public nuisance as defined above shall be chargeable to and assessed against the parcel or lot affected.
Bruce Goode-Weed Commissioner Posted: May 15, 2023