WAUPACA COUNTY TRAVEL ADVISORY
Posted on March 27, 2020 at 10:53 am.
Written by clerk
For IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 27, 2020
Pursuant to the obligations and powers set forth in the Wisconsin Statutes, including but not limited those in Wis. Stat. §
252.03(1) and Wis. Stat. § 252.06, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer has authority to set forth certain recommendations and directives to protect the health, welfare and safety of people and property in Waupaca County. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus in the United States and in Wisconsin, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer has issued the following Travel Advisory Notice:
- Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State, the Waupaca County Public Health Officer recommends that you stay in your permanent home and not travel to your seasonal or second home in Waupaca County. Due to the limited healthcare infrastructure, please do not visit us now.
- People who have seasonal homes in Waupaca County are recommended to stay at your winter homes at this time. If you recently came from an area outside Waupaca County, you are encouraged to self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days in order to stop potential community-to-community spread.
- People must continue to comply with other applicable restrictions, such as the Wisconsin Governor’s Executive Orders and your primary residential home state’s COVID-19 related executive orders.
- Waupaca County has a large population of older adults and vulnerable populations. These populations are at the highest risk of COVID-19; it is our priority to keep people in Waupaca County healthy and safe.
- Waupaca County has already taken steps to stop the spread of COVID-19, including the Waupaca County Board of Supervisors’ adoption of a COVID-19 Emergency Declaration. Please be aware that additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed in the future.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is an ever-changing and a very serious health situation, and Waupaca County needs to be diligent in its response to establish restrictions that are particular to the needs of Waupaca County’s residents. For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 follow updates on the Waupaca County website for official information https://www.co.waupaca.wi.us/departments/health_and_human_services/covid-19.php. Or the State of Wisconsin at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm